Panasonic ZT60 Plasmas Now Available Starting At $3500
Panasonic announced today pricing and availability of its much-anticipated 2013 Smart VIERA ZT60 Series Plasma HDTVs which will be available exclusively through approximately 400 Magnolia locations inside Best Buy beginning on May 20 through July 31.
The ZT60 Series is available in two screen sizes - the TC-P65ZT60, 65-inch class (SRP $4099.99) and the TC-P60ZT60, 60-inch class (SRP $3499.99).
The Smart VIERA ZT60 Plasma Series, Panasonic’s new flagship series, features a “Beyond the Reference” Studio Master Panel which produces deep black levels for stunning picture quality. With the addition of the Ultimate Black Filter Technology, the Smart VIERA ZT Series delivers improved external light shading, clarity and light transmittance. The new panel reduces reflections to create sharper pictures with higher contrast in bright environments.
Ultimate black levels, contrast and crystal clear picture quality are achieved thanks to a newly developed panel driving method and panel structure featuring the “Air Gapless Technology”. The front glass is attached directly to the Plasma panel itself by Panasonic’s proprietary crafting methods. As a result of the improvement, dim and double images are averted by eliminating the air gap layer between the front glass and Plasma panel.
“We are excited to bring to market Panasonic’s best ever Plasma HDTV with the debut of our Smart VIERA ZT60 Series introduced exclusively at Magnolia inside Best Buy,” said Henry Hauser, Vice President, Merchandising Group, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. “Panasonic’s ZT Series Plasma HDTV represents a new frontier in High Definition picture quality and reaffirms Panasonic’s leadership in Plasma TV development.”
The Smart VIERA ZT60 Plasma Series, Panasonic’s new flagship series, features a “Beyond the Reference” Studio Master Panel which produces deep black levels for stunning picture quality.
“This is a prime example of how we deliver our customer promise to offer the latest and greatest technologies available,” said Amy College, Vice President, Home Theater Merchandising for Best Buy. “Our customers can maximize their home network and enjoy sports, movies and other entertainment in a new way with this extraordinary viewing experience from Panasonic.”
The Smart VIERA ZT60 Series also features advanced features for connectivity including:
- My Home Screen – A personalization function that allows for seamless integration of apps and content, by creating their own personal home screen giving them quick access to their favorite online content.
- Swipe & Share 2.0 – A connectivity enhancement that transforms the TV into a hub for streaming and sharing photo and video content seamlessly with Smartphone and Tablet devices. Through Panasonic's proprietary VIERA Remote 2 app, users can transfer personal photos and videos from their Android or iOS devices directly to the large screen with a simple swipe of the finger and transfer them back to their smart devices the same way. Swipe & Share also enables sharing of user-generated photos and videos that are on the large screen with other Android or iOS devices.
- Voice Recognition / Guidance – An accessibility function that enables users to use voice commands to search for content or control key TV functions dynamically. Voice Guidance uses text to speech functions to verbalize text content as it appears on your TV. By simply saying a key word into the Smart VIERA Touch Pad Controller or Smartphone (VIERA Remote 2 App must be installed), the search result is displayed on the VIERA HDTV screen and also verbally read out.
- VIERA Connect — Panasonic’s exclusive cloud-based IPTV function which delivers access to a wide range of internet-based video-on-demand content and applications covering everything from news and fitness, social networking, music and online shopping and gaming. Enhanced by a dual-core hexa processing engine, multi-tasking is quick and simultaneous use of apps from seven categories, including YouTube, Skype and Facebook is easy. The ZT60’s Web browser capability makes it easy to use the Internet from the TV. DLNA, Wireless LAN and Bluetooth are also supported for a high level of convenience.
- Electronic Touch Pen – A design feature which allows users to add their own writing to their photos on screen and transfer them back to their smart devices as well as play interactive games using the optional Electronic Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) accessory.
The ZT60’s 3000 Focused-field Drive produces image resolution of 1080 lines for 2D images, to provide crisp, clear image motion. A wider color gamut (DCI 98% Color Space) is achieved thanks to a newly re-formulated pure red phosphor.
The ZT60 features THX certification in both 2D and 3D modes as well as ISFccc Calibration Mode with Advanced Calibration. Calibrators adjust the detailed picture setting with calibration software (CALMAN ) provided by SpectraCal Inc.; or users can adjust the calibration using the Smart Calibration feature within the VIERA Remote 2 app.
The ZT60 Series display panel is free of mercury and lead. A newly designed phosphor process and rear panel process give the Plasma panel longevity of up to 100,000 hours before the brightness of the panel decreases to half. This is more than 30 years of viewing when watched eight hours a day.
- Jan 7, 2013
Panasonic Introduces Enhanced Plasmas for 2013Panasonic introduces its 2013 line of Smart VIERA Plasma HDTVs. The ZT60 series is Panasonic’s Full HD 3D Plasma flagship series and is available in two screen sizes - the TC-P65ZT60, 65-inch class and the TC-P60ZT60, 60-inch class...
- Jan 7, 2013
Panasonic Unveils VIERA 2013 LED/LCD ModelsPanasonic unveiled the new 2013 lineup of VIERA LED/LCD HDTVs that redefine the home entertainment experience and add simplicity and luxury to the home. The TC-L32B6, 32-inch class model features 720p resolution, and the TC-L39B6, 39-inch class model and TC-L50B6, 50-inch class model feature 1080p resolution...
- Mar 8, 2012
First Models Of Award Winning 2012 Smart VIERA HDTVs Now AvailableContinuing its history and tradition of producing award winning HDTVs and following on its success at the recently concluded 2012 CES, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, the industry and technology leader in High Definition televisions, today announced the availability of the company’s initial wave of 2012 Smart VIERA® Plasma, LED and LCD HDTVs, defining the core of a new Internet connected lifestyle. The TC-P50ST50, 50-inch class (49.9 inches measured diagonally) and the TC-P55ST50, 55-inch class (55.1 inches measured diagonally) are now available, while the TC-P60ST50, 60-inch class (60.1 inches measured diagonally) and the TC-P65ST50, 65-inch class (64.7 inches measured diagonally) will be available later this month and in April respectively...
- Jan 9, 2012
Panasonic Introduces 2012 Smart VIERA Plasma HDTV LineupContinuing its history and tradition of producing award winning Plasma HDTVs, Panasonic introduced the company’s 2012 Smart VIERA line of HDTV Plasmas defining the core of a new IPTV lifestyle at the Consumer Electronics Show. The TC-P50ST50, 50-inch class (49.9 inches measured diagonally); the TC-P55ST50, 55-inch class (55.1 inches measured diagonally); the TC-P60ST30, 60-inch class (60.1 inches measured diagonally) and the TC-P65ST50, 65 inch class (64.7 inches measured diagonally) comprise the ST 50 series of FULL HD 3D VIERA HDTVs...
- Jan 9, 2012
Panasonic Expands And Enhances 2012 LED/LCD Model Line-UpPanasonic introduced an increased 2012 Smart VIERA line-up of LED LCD HDTVs defining the core of a new IPTV lifestyle at the Consumer Electronics Show, confirming Panasonic’s commitment to provide the highest quality home entertainment experience and viewing options to the consumer. The TC-L32E5, 32 inch class (31.5 inches measured diagonally), TC-L37E5, 37 inch class (36.5 inches measured diagonally), TC-L42E5 inches class (42 inches measured diagonally) and TC-L47E5 inches class (47 inches measured diagonally) are ready and both are Energy Star* certified...