Panasonic ZT60 Plasmas Now Available Starting At $3500
Panasonic announced today pricing and availability of its much-anticipated 2013 Smart VIERA ZT60 Series Plasma HDTVs which will be available exclusively through approximately 400 Magnolia locations inside Best Buy beginning on May 20 through July 31.
The ZT60 Series is available in two screen sizes - the TC-P65ZT60, 65-inch class (SRP $4099.99) and the TC-P60ZT60, 60-inch class (SRP $3499.99).
The Smart VIERA ZT60 Plasma Series, Panasonic’s new flagship series, features a “Beyond the Reference” Studio Master Panel which produces deep black levels for stunning picture quality. With the addition of the Ultimate Black Filter Technology, the Smart VIERA ZT Series delivers improved external light shading, clarity and light transmittance. The new panel reduces reflections to create sharper pictures with higher contrast in bright environments.
Ultimate black levels, contrast and crystal clear picture quality are achieved thanks to a newly developed panel driving method and panel structure featuring the “Air Gapless Technology”. The front glass is attached directly to the Plasma panel itself by Panasonic’s proprietary crafting methods. As a result of the improvement, dim and double images are averted by eliminating the air gap layer between the front glass and Plasma panel.
“We are excited to bring to market Panasonic’s best ever Plasma HDTV with the debut of our Smart VIERA ZT60 Series introduced exclusively at Magnolia inside Best Buy,” said Henry Hauser, Vice President, Merchandising Group, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. “Panasonic’s ZT Series Plasma HDTV represents a new frontier in High Definition picture quality and reaffirms Panasonic’s leadership in Plasma TV development.”
The Smart VIERA ZT60 Plasma Series, Panasonic’s new flagship series, features a “Beyond the Reference” Studio Master Panel which produces deep black levels for stunning picture quality.
“This is a prime example of how we deliver our customer promise to offer the latest and greatest technologies available,” said Amy College, Vice President, Home Theater Merchandising for Best Buy. “Our customers can maximize their home network and enjoy sports, movies and other entertainment in a new way with this extraordinary viewing experience from Panasonic.”
The Smart VIERA ZT60 Series also features advanced features for connectivity including:
- My Home Screen – A personalization function that allows for seamless integration of apps and content, by creating their own personal home screen giving them quick access to their favorite online content.
- Swipe & Share 2.0 – A connectivity enhancement that transforms the TV into a hub for streaming and sharing photo and video content seamlessly with Smartphone and Tablet devices. Through Panasonic's proprietary VIERA Remote 2 app, users can transfer personal photos and videos from their Android or iOS devices directly to the large screen with a simple swipe of the finger and transfer them back to their smart devices the same way. Swipe & Share also enables sharing of user-generated photos and videos that are on the large screen with other Android or iOS devices.
- Voice Recognition / Guidance – An accessibility function that enables users to use voice commands to search for content or control key TV functions dynamically. Voice Guidance uses text to speech functions to verbalize text content as it appears on your TV. By simply saying a key word into the Smart VIERA Touch Pad Controller or Smartphone (VIERA Remote 2 App must be installed), the search result is displayed on the VIERA HDTV screen and also verbally read out.
- VIERA Connect — Panasonic’s exclusive cloud-based IPTV function which delivers access to a wide range of internet-based video-on-demand content and applications covering everything from news and fitness, social networking, music and online shopping and gaming. Enhanced by a dual-core hexa processing engine, multi-tasking is quick and simultaneous use of apps from seven categories, including YouTube, Skype and Facebook is easy. The ZT60’s Web browser capability makes it easy to use the Internet from the TV. DLNA, Wireless LAN and Bluetooth are also supported for a high level of convenience.
- Electronic Touch Pen – A design feature which allows users to add their own writing to their photos on screen and transfer them back to their smart devices as well as play interactive games using the optional Electronic Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) accessory.
The ZT60’s 3000 Focused-field Drive produces image resolution of 1080 lines for 2D images, to provide crisp, clear image motion. A wider color gamut (DCI 98% Color Space) is achieved thanks to a newly re-formulated pure red phosphor.
The ZT60 features THX certification in both 2D and 3D modes as well as ISFccc Calibration Mode with Advanced Calibration. Calibrators adjust the detailed picture setting with calibration software (CALMAN ) provided by SpectraCal Inc.; or users can adjust the calibration using the Smart Calibration feature within the VIERA Remote 2 app.
The ZT60 Series display panel is free of mercury and lead. A newly designed phosphor process and rear panel process give the Plasma panel longevity of up to 100,000 hours before the brightness of the panel decreases to half. This is more than 30 years of viewing when watched eight hours a day.
- Jan 6, 2014
Panasonic Unveils 4K LED LCD AX800 Series TVsPanasonic unveiled today at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) the 2014 Life+ Screen AX800 Series — a new category of 4K LED LCD television which combines "Beyond Smart" features and supreme picture quality in a cutting-edge design. Building on the success of Panasonic’s “My Home Screen” personalization features introduced last year, Panasonic Life+ Screens completely overhaul the user interface and implement dramatic enhancements regarding learning the content preferences of individual users, breaking different content out of its silos, and making navigation far easier and more intuitive...
- Jan 6, 2014
Panasonic Unveils 2014 Life+Screen 1080p HDTV LineupPanasonic unveiled today at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) its line-up of 2014 Life+Screen 1080p HDTVs. The AS640 Series (one model: 60-inch class) and AS530 Series (four models: 60-inch class, 55-inch class, 50-inch class, 39-inch class) are basic models combining convenient "Beyond Smart" features and practical picture-performance functions...
- Jan 6, 2014
Panasonic Debuts Life+ Screen TVsPanasonic unveiled today at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Life+ Screen — a new category of television designed to take consumers beyond Smart TV to a new level of personalization and interaction. Building on the success of Panasonic’s ‘My Home Screen’ personalization features introduced last year, Panasonic Life+ Screens completely overhaul the user interface and implement dramatic enhancements regarding learning the content preferences of individual users, breaking different content out of its silos and making navigation far easier and more intuitive...
- Sep 4, 2013
New Panasonic VIERA WT600 Features 4K2 60p Input Based On HDMI 2.0 And DisplayPort 1.2aPanasonic unveiled today the Smart VIERA TC-L65WT600, the world’s first Ultra HD TV with a 4K 60p input designed based on HDMI 2. The WT600 offers access to a wide range of 4K content to make the most of its screen innovations allowing users to dramatically expand their 4K experience with not only video content, but also groundbreaking games, Internet content, and their photos, all in stunning 4K quality...
- Jan 7, 2013
Panasonic Introduces Enhanced Plasmas for 2013Panasonic introduces its 2013 line of Smart VIERA Plasma HDTVs. The ZT60 series is Panasonic’s Full HD 3D Plasma flagship series and is available in two screen sizes - the TC-P65ZT60, 65-inch class and the TC-P60ZT60, 60-inch class...