Sharp Releases Elite LED LCD TVs
Sharp is bringing back an iconic name in television by introducing Elite LED LCD TVs. Providing the highest caliber picture quality and technology available, Elite TVs are designed for discerning consumers who want the best home entertainment experience.
Over the past 25 years the Elite brand has developed a loyal and avid fan base of audiophiles and videophiles,” said Tom Evans, Sharp's associate vice president and general manager of Product & Marketing for Elite televisions. “
We are confident that our new line of Elite LCD TVs will appeal to the Elite purists who expect the highest picture quality and experience as well as today's luxury technology enthusiasts looking for the most innovative products to outfit their digitally connected homes.”
Elite LED LCD TVs will be available in 60" class (60 1/32" diagonal), and 70" class (69 1/2" diagonal) screen sizes in late August. Elite LED LCD TVs feature the most innovative video technologies available on the market.
Unique Combination Of Features
Elite LED LCD TVs are designed to provide a superior picture quality to other LCD TVs currently on the market. A unique combination of features and technology developed specifically for Elite televisions deliver deep black levels, depth of color, high brightness and smooth images to achieve an astonishing picture.
The Elite LED LCD TV 60" class (60 1/32" diagonal) carries an MSRP of $5,999.99, and the Elite LED LCD TV 70" class (69 1/2" diagonal) carries an MSRP of $8,499.99.
Elite LCD televisions incorporate proprietary RGB+Y technology, which adds a yellow sub-pixel to the standard red/green/blue color palette. The addition of the yellow sub-pixel enables the reproduction of a much broader range of colors. RGB+Y create higher brightness using less power and more accurately depicts vivid yellows and vibrant golds. RGB+Y technology makes possible Precision Color Plus, four sub-pixels composed of smaller dots, creating more than 8 million dots per screen for a much smoother, more appealing detailed image.
Elite Televisions feature:
- FluidMotion, which combines an advanced frame creation system with Elite's unique scanning backlight technology creating a greater than 240 Hz effect, improves picture clarity and smoothness;
- Full Array LED, which includes a full array of Light Emitting Diodes, evenly dispersed behind a diffuser resulting in more uniform and brighter lighting versus traditional edge-lit LEDs;
- Local Dimming allows specific groups of LEDs to be dimmed for greater control of brightness and darkness in different areas of the screen for outstanding black levels.
Intelligent Variable Contrast
But what makes Elite televisions Elite is Intelligent Variable Contrast. Developed specifically for Elite televisions, Intelligent Variable Contrast technology works with all of the other Elite technologies to automatically control brightness and backlight to create depth of color, brilliance, detail and dark areas. The result is a television beyond compare that sets new standards in picture quality.
Additional Features Complete The State-Of-The Art Engineering And Design
- Elegant form factor, with fine, brushed aluminum finish, precision cut mitered bezel and slim cabinet depth round out the television's premium design
- Connectivity to Netflix®, VUDU™, CinemaNow™, YouTube®, and others;
- 3-D Functionality including two sets of active shutter 3-D glasses;
- Elite Advantage LiveSM, which offers an unprecedented level of support via Internet connectivity where a personal advisor can remotely connect to the TV and provide a variety of services such as setup, picture adjustment, or basic calibration.
- THX® Certified display – reserved for TVs with best in class picture quality, THX Certified displays deliver movie experiences with the same stunning color and detail found in the filmmaker's studio.
- ISF® (Imaging Science Foundation) certification
- Variety of AV modes including Elite Pure Mode, a mode that replicates the settings of previous Elite TVs
- Skype™ ready (Skype camera kit sold separately)
Elite LCD HDTVs will only be available at select high-end retailers and via custom installation companies that have the knowledge and experience to represent the finest TVs on the market. The Elite LED LCD TV 60" class (60 1/32" diagonal) carries an MSRP of $5,999.99, and the Elite LED LCD TV 70" class (69 1/2" diagonal) carries an MSRP of $8,499.99.
- Mar 7, 2014
Sharp Aquos Q+, The Highest Resolution Full HD TVs, Now AvailableSharp today announced the nationwide availability of its AQUOS Q+ series of televisions, the highest resolution Full HD TVs. All Sharp AQUOS Smart LED TVs also come with a built-in web browser and TV/Web split screen functionality, allowing the viewer to watch TV on one half of the screen, while simultaneously browsing the web...
- Jun 26, 2013
Sharp Unveils 70-Inch Aquos Ultra HD LED TVSharp today unveiled the new 70” class (69.5” diagonal) AQUOS Ultra HD LED TV (LC-70UD1U), the company's first Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV for the U. To make it the best of the best, picture quality experts at Sharp and THX put the AQUOS Ultra HD LED TV through four hundred rigorous performance tests; the AQUOS Ultra HD passed them all to achieve the industry’s highest performance levels...
- Jan 7, 2013
Sharp Presents 2013 Aquos LED TVsSharp today unveiled nearly twenty 60" plus class TV models as part of its new line of AQUOS LED TVs, with more models that feature Quattron technology, more choices in the fast growing 60", 70" and 80" screen classes, striking new slim designs and the world’s largest LED TV, the 90" AQUOS. Sharp today unveiled nearly twenty 60" plus class TV models as part of its new line of AQUOS LED TVs, with more models that feature Quattron technology, more choices in the fast growing 60", 70" and 80" screen classes, striking new slim designs and the world’s largest LED TV, the 90" AQUOS...
- Jun 18, 2012
Sharp Introduces 90-Inch LC-90LE745U, The Largest LED TV On The PlanetImagine yourself standing at the precipice of the Grand Canyon. “Our 90” class LED smart TV offers size, picture quality and smart functionality unlike anything consumers have experienced with LED TVs to-date,” said John Herrington, president, Sharp Electronics Marketing Company of America...
- Jan 9, 2012
New AQUOS LED TVs For 2012 Unveiled By SharpIntroducing more than 20 large screen 60-inch plus class TVs, Sharp today announced its new line of AQUOS LED TVs, featuring picture quality enhancements, advanced smart connectivity and new designs. Sharp’s full HD 1080p 9 Series AQUOS Quattron 3D LED TVs in screen size classes of 60- and 70-inches (LC-60LE945U and LC-70LE945U) offer advanced LED technology with Sharp’s brightest Full HD Active 3D panel...