Sharp Releases Elite LED LCD TVs
Sharp is bringing back an iconic name in television by introducing Elite LED LCD TVs. Providing the highest caliber picture quality and technology available, Elite TVs are designed for discerning consumers who want the best home entertainment experience.
Over the past 25 years the Elite brand has developed a loyal and avid fan base of audiophiles and videophiles,” said Tom Evans, Sharp's associate vice president and general manager of Product & Marketing for Elite televisions. “
We are confident that our new line of Elite LCD TVs will appeal to the Elite purists who expect the highest picture quality and experience as well as today's luxury technology enthusiasts looking for the most innovative products to outfit their digitally connected homes.”
Elite LED LCD TVs will be available in 60" class (60 1/32" diagonal), and 70" class (69 1/2" diagonal) screen sizes in late August. Elite LED LCD TVs feature the most innovative video technologies available on the market.
Unique Combination Of Features
Elite LED LCD TVs are designed to provide a superior picture quality to other LCD TVs currently on the market. A unique combination of features and technology developed specifically for Elite televisions deliver deep black levels, depth of color, high brightness and smooth images to achieve an astonishing picture.
Elite LCD televisions incorporate proprietary RGB+Y technology, which adds a yellow sub-pixel to the standard red/green/blue color palette. The addition of the yellow sub-pixel enables the reproduction of a much broader range of colors. RGB+Y create higher brightness using less power and more accurately depicts vivid yellows and vibrant golds. RGB+Y technology makes possible Precision Color Plus, four sub-pixels composed of smaller dots, creating more than 8 million dots per screen for a much smoother, more appealing detailed image.
The Elite LED LCD TV 60" class (60 1/32" diagonal) carries an MSRP of $5,999.99, and the Elite LED LCD TV 70" class (69 1/2" diagonal) carries an MSRP of $8,499.99.
Elite Televisions feature:
- FluidMotion, which combines an advanced frame creation system with Elite's unique scanning backlight technology creating a greater than 240 Hz effect, improves picture clarity and smoothness;
- Full Array LED, which includes a full array of Light Emitting Diodes, evenly dispersed behind a diffuser resulting in more uniform and brighter lighting versus traditional edge-lit LEDs;
- Local Dimming allows specific groups of LEDs to be dimmed for greater control of brightness and darkness in different areas of the screen for outstanding black levels.
Intelligent Variable Contrast
But what makes Elite televisions Elite is Intelligent Variable Contrast. Developed specifically for Elite televisions, Intelligent Variable Contrast technology works with all of the other Elite technologies to automatically control brightness and backlight to create depth of color, brilliance, detail and dark areas. The result is a television beyond compare that sets new standards in picture quality.
Additional Features Complete The State-Of-The Art Engineering And Design
- Elegant form factor, with fine, brushed aluminum finish, precision cut mitered bezel and slim cabinet depth round out the television's premium design
- Connectivity to Netflix®, VUDU™, CinemaNow™, YouTube®, and others;
- 3-D Functionality including two sets of active shutter 3-D glasses;
- Elite Advantage LiveSM, which offers an unprecedented level of support via Internet connectivity where a personal advisor can remotely connect to the TV and provide a variety of services such as setup, picture adjustment, or basic calibration.
- THX® Certified display – reserved for TVs with best in class picture quality, THX Certified displays deliver movie experiences with the same stunning color and detail found in the filmmaker's studio.
- ISF® (Imaging Science Foundation) certification
- Variety of AV modes including Elite Pure Mode, a mode that replicates the settings of previous Elite TVs
- Skype™ ready (Skype camera kit sold separately)
Elite LCD HDTVs will only be available at select high-end retailers and via custom installation companies that have the knowledge and experience to represent the finest TVs on the market. The Elite LED LCD TV 60" class (60 1/32" diagonal) carries an MSRP of $5,999.99, and the Elite LED LCD TV 70" class (69 1/2" diagonal) carries an MSRP of $8,499.99.
- Apr 13, 2011
Sharp Begins Shipping Its 70-Inch Screen Size Class LC-70LE732U, The Largest LCD TV On The MarketSharp Electronics today announces it is shipping its incredible 70-inch screen size class (69 ½" diagonal) AQUOS Quattron LED LCD TV, model LC-70LE732U, the largest LCD television on the market with 62% more viewing area than a 55-inch model (the current top selling 50"+ screen size class). Sharp Electronics today announces it is shipping its incredible 70-inch screen size class (69 ½" diagonal) AQUOS Quattron LED LCD TV, model LC-70LE732U, the largest LCD television on the market with 62% more viewing area than a 55-inch model (the current top selling 50"+ screen size class)...
- Jan 27, 2011
Sharp Licenses Pioneer's Elite® Brand Name For High-End LCD TV Line In The US And CanadaSharp Electronics Corporation, the U.S. subsidiary of Japan’s Sharp Corporation, and Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Adding a line of high-end flat panel TVs fills a market need in the industry and will help reinforce the strength of a complete Elite home theater offering,” said Russ Johnston, Executive VP, Home Electronics Department, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc...
- Jan 6, 2011
Sharp Makes Bigger Better With Its Latest Aquos Quattron 3D And LED LCD HDTVsSharp Electronics Corporation today introduces its largest AQUOS Quattron LED LCD TV model to date, the 70-inch screen size class (69 ½ inch diagonal) LC-70LE732U, offering the most immersive viewing experience in a television. Sharp’s 835 Series AQUOS Quattron 3D LCD TVs (LC-60LE835U, LC-52LE835U, LC-46LE835U and LC-40LE835U) offer edge-lit LED X-Gen LCD panels with Quattron Quad Pixel Technology...
- Jan 6, 2011
Sharp Delivers High Performance, Value And Eco-Friendly Design In Its New Aquos LCD TVsSharp Electronics Corporation today introduces its high value- high performance line of AQUOS® LCD TVs in screen size classes ranging from 60- to 19-inches. Sharp’s 42-inch screen size class AQUOS LC-42D69U and 32-inch screen size class AQUOS LC-32D59U models use high-performance LCD panels for detailed and vibrant picture quality...
- Sep 23, 2010
Sharp Introduces AQUOS Quattron 3D LED TelevisionsSharp Electronics Corporation today introduces its first 3D LED LCD televisions for the U. Available in 60- and 52-inch screen size classes (LC-60LE925UN and LC-52LE925UN, respectively), the new AQUOS Quattron 3D TVs employ Sharp's breakthrough quad pixel technology and additional proprietary technologies, including the X-Gen LCD panel, Frame Rate Enhanced Driving and LED backlight side-mount scanning, to deliver a superior 3D experience with the brightest image reproduction on the market (with glasses) and extremely low crosstalk...